The Editor/Editor-in-chief plays a crucial role in maintaining the standards of journals. Also the Editor is our primary member to lead the honest peer-review process.
- Actively seek the views of authors, readers, reviewers and editorial board members about ways of improving their journal’s processes
- Appoint suitably qualified editorial board members who can actively contribute to the development and good management of the journal
- Provide clear guidance to editorial board members about their expected functions and duties, these might include:
- acting as ambassadors for the journal
- supporting and promoting the journal
- seeking out the best authors and best work (e.g. from meeting abstracts) and actively encouraging submissions
- reviewing submissions to the journal
- accepting commissions to write editorials, reviews and commentaries on papers in their specialist areas
- attending and contributing to editorial board meetings
Note: Please follow our Publication Ethics for editor ethical guidelines and best practice.
Scientific Open Access Journals welcome medical practitioners, scientists, researchers, academicians and scholars interested in serving as volunteer editors.
As a peer reviewer for Scientific Open Access Journals, you are part of a valued community. Reviewer plays a central role of our peer-review process to evaluate and helps to enhance the quality of an article.
Before you accept or decline an invitation to review:
- Read the editor's e-mail, which includes the article abstract
- Determine whether the article matches your area of expertise and you could complete the review in given stipulated time
- Do you have a potential conflict of interest with author(s)? Disclose this to the editor when you report a review
If you decline the invitation to review:
- If you decline to review, please indicate the reason
- If possible suggest any of your colleagues or alternative reviewers
If you accept the invitation to review:
- Download all manuscript materials.
- Keep all manuscript and review details confidential.
- Bear in mind that the editor is looking to them for subject knowledge, good judgement, and an honest and fair assessment of the strengths and weaknesses of the work and the manuscript.
- Advise the editor of your recommendation for acceptance, revise or rejection by providing specific comments and suggestions.
Note: Please follow our Publication Ethics for reviewer ethical guidelines and best practice.
Apart from the above, any active reviewer who is always open towards contributing and the journal development would be felicitated by the journal accordingly.